Symptoms of a SLAP tear include:
● Pain when moving the arm in certain motions, especially attempting list something overhead
● Reduced range of motion of the shoulder joint
● Sensations of clicking, catching, or locking when moving the arm
● Felling of instability of the shoulderIf You Are Experiencing Symptoms, Schedule an Appointment Dr. Burke Orthopedics Immediately.
Treatment for a SLAP tear will be conservative measures first unless the tear is severe enough and other structures are involved. Conservative measures recommended will consist of:
● A course of over the counter anti-inflammatory and pain killing drugs
● Discontinuation of any known activity that may have contributed to this tear
● Physical therapy in order to strengthen the surrounding musculature
If these measures fail to reduce pain and improve function, especially in the case of an athlete who would like to return to his sport, surgery will be indicated.