Dr. Houtan Ali Taba
Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Taba is a Board-Certified orthopedic surgeon with special interests in conditions of the spine. He received certification in 2018 from The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is a current member of the American Medical Association and the American Medical Student Association. Dr. Taba’s experience and passion for spine care is what makes him a valuable addition to Dr. Burke Orthopedics and the care provided to all patients.
Dr. Houtan Taba specializes in surgery and treatment of the spine.
- Wisconsin: 69066 – 20 2018-2019
- Florida: ME142312 2019-2022
- Texas: S3755 2019-2021
Education & Awards
Dr. Houtan Ali Taba graduated Cum Laude with honors from University of Florida in 2008 with a B.S. in Chemistry earning membership to the Phi Beta Kappa Society, The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi and the Golden Key International Honor Society of which he is still a member presently. He continued his education at the University of Florida where he received his medical degree in 2013 graduating Cum Laude with honors while receiving the Outstanding Orthopaedic Surgery Award. Through his success in medical school, he earned numerous scholarships and excellence awards along with membership into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Medical Society which he still holds today.
Dr. Taba completed his Residency in Orthopaedic Spine Surgery from the University of Florida, graduating in 2018. While in his residency, he was the recipient of the Outstanding Resident Educator Award and the Orthopaedic In Training Exam High Score Award. He went on to complete a year of Orthopeadic Spine Surgery Fellowship at the University of Wisconsin from 2018-2019.
Publications & Presentations
Dr. Houtan Ali Taba has written multiple publications involving issues of the spine, brain and other orthopedic conditions, as well as given several presentations regarding orthopedic medicine treatments and procedures. These accomplishments have helped Dr. Taba establish his authority and expertise within his area of orthopedic specialty.
- Taba HA, Wu SS, Foote KD, Hass CJ, Fernandez HH, Malaty IA, et al… “A closer look at unilateral versus bilateral deep brain stimulation: results of the National Institutes of Health COMPARE cohort.” J Neurosurg 2010; 113(6):1224-1229.
- Taba HA, Patel MK, Decker RC. Sagittal Balance in Degenerative Scoliosis. Seminars in Spine Surgery 2017; 29(2):113-117.
- Taba HA, Hagen JE, Parvataneni HK. “Concise Review of the Effects of Orthopedic Surgery or Trauma on Muscle Function.” Techniques in Orthopaedics 2017; 32(4):226-232.
- Taba HA, King JJ, Wright TW, Schoch, BS. “Scapular Notching as a Function of Reverse Shoulder Prosthesis Design: A Single Surgeon Experience.” (Submitted)
- Taba HA, Williams SK. “Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion.” Neurosurgery Clinics (Accepted)
- Taba HA, Williams SK. “Percutaneous Lumbopelvic Fixation for Unstable Sacral Fractures with Spinopelvic Dissociation Patterns” (In Progress)